Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hows everyone doing ?

Well,  its been a long time since I posted because I saw that no one was joining in and I felt like I was talking to myself! ha! (I dont have the money to advertise so I was hoping whoever stops by can pass along my url to friends and family etc)... And then I thought well, maybe thats a good thing! hehe! At least it releases what I'm feeling and that could be therapeutic for me ...

I had a rough July and part of August with this high heat...  Lots of inflammation which makes my Fibro. and OA pain so much worse...  I hadnt even gone out much in the last month or so.. Maybe only once or twice  to go to the store.... Talk about cabin fever...  Then last week Wed (Aug 3) I had to go to my doc because I  could hardly walk due to my left heel hurting severely... It started two weeks before that and it got worse.. So I went and he said I had Achilles Tendonitis - Bursitis  down there...  OUCH!!  He sent me to the hospital to get fitted for an ankle boot (which goes up to my knee)  to wear until it heals!  I have to wear it all day and even when I go to bed all night (or whenever it is my body says I need sleep) I had bursitis in my shoulders before and that is painful but THIS in the heel is so much worse and with Fibro. pain etc its unbearable to walk on ...   This boot is awkward and heavy and itchy etc ....  blah!

I also got anti inflammatory patches to use while Im wearing the boot... I already take anti inflammatory pills and Ultram for my OA and Fibro. so he couldnt give me more.. 
So today Aug 10th I went back to the doc for follow up and it has gotten a little better so he said to wear the boot just when Im in bed and keep it off during the day and see how that goes... It still hurts quite a bit but not like last week ...  
After the doc today hubby took me to the grocery store  and after walking the store today I was hurting quite a bit...

I have issues with OA pain  in my hips and knees and feet etc  and when I wear this dang boot it makes the OA  (esp on my left side hurt way worse than normal)  because Im walking unevenly with this boot on and it makes the joints hurt a lot more...
So while trying to heal this pain in my heel  Im getting more pain in my Fibro. and OA...
Viscous cycle!!.....

I sure cant wait til I dont have to wear this boot... and I also cant wait for Fall to get here... Summer really makes me hurt a lot... I cant tolerate heat  and when it was so hot and humid this past 5 weeks or so I had to keep an inhaler with me just in case...  I never ever had to use an inhaler before .. I got one in March when I had to go to the emergency room  cuz I couldnt breathe one night and it turned out to be my bronchitis..(I get it every year and lasts about amonth)..  So amongst other things they did,  they gave me an inhaler to use  and now I asked my doc if I could get refills for summer (when its so hot and humid)  and he said yes...

So Fibro. brings on a whole lot of other issues (which I have) like CFS, RLS, GERD, IBS, bronchitis taking forever to go away (It doesnt bring on bronchitis but having Fibro. takes it a whole lot longer to heal pretty much anything!)  and with my OA I have swelling issues which aggravate the Fibro. more... 

My pain level is usually pretty high every single day even with taking Ultram and Diclofenac and tylenol Arthritis .. Plus all my supplements ... But without them I couldnt even function at all ... 

I just wish I could do more in my day ... Feel like a failure a lot of times not being able to clean my house spotless daily like I use to and go out whenever I wanted or needed to etc etc...     I do cook for my hubby all the  time... Even though that hurts me a lot I do it anyway,  I like to cook for him and he shouldnt have to suffer not getting meals just because Im in pain ...  The only time I dont cook for him is when I really really cant move ...  And he is such an understanding soul... I am so lucky to have my hubby , he helps me so much and does a lot around here ....   So I was blessed the 2nd time around ; )

well I need to get off right now..  Its  2:20 am and I still am not in bed.. Prob wont be for a little while either... I sleep during the day on the recliner end of my couch cuz laying in bed too long  makes me hurt a lot more (and then during the day I get so sleepy from not sleeping I just pass out on the couch) .......

Hope to hear from you soon!  Take care and hope you have  at least a little less pain in your day !

Love n Hugs,
Nancy

Check out my sites at the right hand side column of this page!







3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy Just saw your URL on Facebook Fibro Network. Will come back and catch up on this blog soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont give up, hardly anyone looks at my blog either but I keep at it. It's like therapy for me anyway. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! I will keep plugging along! Therapy is good! :)

    ReplyDelete