Sunday, July 28, 2013

Had my 3rd epidural


well I went last Thurs for my 3rd epidural .. I told her about the sciatic pain and she
made sure she injected more toward that way.. She also gave me a script for Norco which she said to only use if I need it...  I took one Thurs night and one Fri night...  I didnt take one last night cuz I want to see if the epidurals are working or not ...so I will stay off of them til I know if the pain is better or not.... So far my lower back feels better anyway..at least I can walk and stand more without  severe pain down there ... I will have to see how long it lasts...

She has me coming back in 2 weeks to see if they worked and if not she will do a Lumbar Medial Branch Nerve Block which you can read about here http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections/medial-branch-nerve-blocks-risks-complications-and-follow-results  ... That is a kind of a test to see if the radiofrequency neurotomy will work for me or not...   that you can read about here http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections/radiofrequency-neurotomy-facet-and-sacroiliac-joint-pain .......

I am so hoping the epidurals work  so I dont have to go thru the next two procedures listed above......
my next appt. is for Tues Aug 5th.. but if I feel that the 3 epidurals have worked I will call and talk to the doctors nurse hoping I wont have to go back for a while... I esp want to see what my part of all these bills will be also... Im hoping both Insurances cover most of it..  They only do 3 epidurals in a years time which means they would have to last 4 mos each time... and Im not sure if that will happen...   time will tell...

I am going to go grocery shopping with hubby on Tues to see if my walking improves any..
on a happier note we are also going to Cheescake Factory Tues for dinner to celebrate our 12th Anniv. (my 2nd marriage) which is Thurs Aug 1st...  And Cheescake factory on that day is having half off cheescake slices!   YUM!!  We only go there about once a year to treat ourselves!  =)   Their food is good too!

well I hope you all have as much of a pain free day as possible...
Take care and talk to you soon
Love n Hugs,

visit my homepage  http://nancysnook58.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment