Wednesday, July 31, 2013

 I had my 3rd injection (in a series of my first 3) this past thurs (started June 26th) and as far as pain relief goes the 3rd one did the trick, only I dont like how my insides feel...

Im shaky in the stomach and arms, and feel more fatigued for some reason...this happened with each injection...Its the steroids because when I had to take steroids for my chronic bronchitis I felt the same way... 

I also dont know how long this will last.. time will tell..

Doc said if this works then she only gives 3 per year... I have an appt for Tues next week but I think I will cancel because the pain is a whole lot less and I can walk and stand more than 5 mins again where before I couldnt...... I will call if the pain gets real bad again... 

she said the next appt if this 3rd one didnt work that she was going to do do a Lumbar Medial Branch Nerve Block which you can read about herehttp://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections/medial-branch-nerve-blocks-risks-complications-and-follow-results and then if that took ok, she would do the radiofrequency neurotomy ... that you can read about here http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections/radiofrequency-neurotomy-facet-and-sacroiliac-joint-pain ....... 

so Im hoping these first 3 epidurals really keep the pain away for a long time so I dont have to go thru all that other stuff.... The epidurals were for lower lumbar severe pain of facet disease, bulging discs, foranimal stenosis, dorsal epidural lipomatosis... It seemed to have also helped my OA pain in my lower back and hips too... but as I said who knows how long this will last me ... 

I also dont know how much of these 3 visits we will have to pay... I saw one visit was $2200... I have medicare and secondary Ins. so Im hoping my part wont be much... or I will be sicker!!

Our dinner tonight was good at cheesecake factory! We hardly ever go out much but we celebrated our 12th Anniv which is Aug 1st  =)

I hope I can shake this crappy feeling from the epidurals...

I feel crappy enough without extra crappy added to it!   =)

Have a super nice week everyone!

Hugs,
Nancy

http://nancysnook58.weebly.com




No comments:

Post a Comment